The process of transforming your garden
Each garden is different and if you’ve never had your garden designed before, I’m here to work with you to create your bespoke garden design package. Below is an overview of my approach from the very first time we meet to putting the finishing touches to your garden. I take you through a step-by-step process to create an individual design package for your dream garden.
01. Get In Touch
- How big or small your garden is
- A wish list of ideas
- Anything that needs to be removed or rectified
- A sense of your budget
02. Initial Chat
- Get a clearer sense of what you would like for your garden.
- How do you want to ‘live’ in your garden?
- What type of mood or style would you like to create?
- How much time do you have to spend maintaining the garden?
- How do you want to move through the garden?
- What is your budget?
03. Site Survey and Analysis
- Measuring your boundaries.
- Plotting any existing structures, trees or vegetation.
- Areas to hide or highlight, determining any unsightly views,
- Areas of the garden that get the most sun or shade.
- Is it a sloping garden?
- Helpful reference photography and soil analysis are also taken at this stage.
04. Designing Your Garden
The design package includes:
- The 2D concept plan, which gives you the ‘birds eye’ view of your garden.
- 3D visuals – which will either be hand-drawn or computer generated.
- Mood boards which help to articulate my design plan, styling, the imagined atmosphere we’re trying to create. It also allows us to explore materials and textures.
- Lighting plan with a proposed electrics plan for the contractor.
- A proposed plant list. The planting plan comes at a later stage in the project.
05. Building Your Garden
- The design is transformed into detailed construction drawings which become invaluable for the contractor.
- This package includes: all measurements, materials, strip out and any other critical information.
06. Planting Your Garden
07. Caring For Your Garden
Your garden will grow and thrive and may need a little help to keep it looking its best. For those gardens I’ve been involved with from concept to completion, I offer a follow-up visit during the first year after completion, at an additional fee. This ongoing consultancy – typically scheduled in spring or autumn – gives me an opportunity to review how the garden is developing and discuss any areas that may need attention.
Schedule a call to discuss how I can help.
“To anyone considering having work done on their garden, and particularly if they want something transformative, we don’t think they could choose anyone better to design and deliver that than Katerina. My only hesitation in recommending her is that we want her to be free to transform our front garden next year!”
Satish & Amanda